Without a doubt, spring is the best time of year to get your Orlando home on the market and rented fast. The reason behind this trend is understandable. Most people don’t want to look at new houses, pack everything up and move in the cold of winter. Also, families want to wait until the kids get out of school for the summer, so they’ll start shopping in the spring. Thus, when the warm weather returns, so do the renters in the real estate market.
Before your real estate agent lists your Orlando property, it’s essential for it to look its best. Examine your living space and see it as a buyer would — then double check this list of staging tips to make sure you haven’t overlooked any important details.
- Clear out the clutter. Tidy up counter tops, bookcases, garages and closets.
- Get a storage unit. Open up space by moving furniture and boxes into storage — it will make the rooms appear bigger.
- Make minor repairs. Check that faucets don’t leak, doors close properly and holes in the walls are patched.
- Make it pretty! Windows, floors and bathrooms should be sparkling. Dust every surface, hang up fresh towels in the bathroom and make sure there are no lingering odors.
- Don’t forget the yard. Curb appeal starts at the curb — go figure — so mow the yard, wash down walkways and place yellow flowers near the front door to trigger the emotion to rent.
There are a hundred different ways to give your Orlando home an advantage over the competition in the spring rental market. The better your property looks, the faster it’s going to rent.