Realsource Property Management Screening
Screenings are not property specific, screenings are for Realsource Property Management. Applications are valid for one month. You may identify a property you are interested in by selecting that property on the Properties for Rent tab, and clicking on Apply Now.
Applications are considered complete when all individuals, age 18 and over intending to reside in the property, have submitted an application with the requested documentation, and all application fees are paid. Completed applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. If your application is received, but not screened because the property is no longer available, your application fee will be refunded.
Rental Criteria for Residency
Realsource Property Management abides by all federal, state and local landlord/tenant laws.
- Occupancy is based on the number of bedrooms in a unit.
- Two persons are allowed per bedroom plus one for the entire unit.
- An exception is made for children under the age of two. Children under two are allowed as an additional occupant of a single bedroom when the child resides with the parent or other adults(s) having legal custody.
- All individuals, age 18 or older, residing in the unit are required to complete a rental application.
- Each applicant will be required to qualify individually or per specific criteria areas. The denial of one applicant will result in the denial of the entire application.
- Application fee of $65 will be charged for each individual living in the residence, age 18 or older. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Positive identification with government-issued picture ID will be required.
- Inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial of application.
- A complete application is required; incomplete applications will not be processed.
- We require complete, accurate and truthful information: Inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denying an application. If we later discover that you submitted substantially false information regarding a criminal conviction, after you became our tenant, we may terminate your tenancy.
- Information submitted in an application that cannot be verified from unbiased sources, as provided by the application, may result in denial of an application.
- Upon approval a holding deposit will be required. The holding deposit is non-refundable and will convert to your security deposit upon lease signing. There is one exception, if the property is occupied and you place the holding deposit you will have 24 hours to view the property once vacant and request in writing that you do not want the property to email@example.com and ask for a refund.
- Monthly income should be equal to three (3) times the stated monthly rent. NOTE: If applicant will be using housing assistance as a source of income, “stated rent” as used in this section means, that portion of the rent that will be payable by applicant and excludes any portion of the rent that will be paid through the assistance program.
- Income must be from a verifiable source.
- Self-employed applicants will be required to show proof of income through copies of the previous year’s tax return and or bank statements.
- Twelve months of verifiable employment will be required if used as a source of income. Additional security deposit will apply if at current employment less than 3 months.
- Twelve (12) months of verifiable contractual rental history from a current third party landlord or home ownership is required. Less than 12 months verifiable rental history or home ownership will require an additional security deposit.
- Five years eviction-free history is required unless paid in full. Eviction actions that were dismissed or resulted in a judgment for the applicant will not be considered.
- Three or more 3-day notices within one year will result in denial of application.
- Three or more dishonored checks within one year will result in the denial of the application.
- Rental history reflecting past due and unpaid rent or unpaid utility bills, will result in denial of the application.
- Rental history demonstrating documented disturbance complaints, property damage or noncompliance with rental agreement terms will result in denial of application.
- Home ownership must be verified through the county tax assessor’s office. All mortgage payments must be current, and applicants must not be in default of any mortgage payment obligation.
- A pending eviction action that has not yet resulted in a dismissal or judgement in favor of the Applicant, at the time the application is submitted.
- A personal credit report will be obtained.
- Negative or adverse debt showing on consumer credit report may require an additional security deposit.
- Three or more unpaid collections (not related to medical expenses) will result in denial of the application.
- Five or more accounts with past due balances (not related to medical expenses) will result in a denial of the application.
- Minimum credit score of 500
Criminal Conviction Criteria
Upon receipt of the rental application and screening fee, Agent shall conduct a search of public records to determine whether the applicant, or any proposed tenant has a “Conviction” (which means; charges pending as of the date of the application; a conviction; a guilty plea; or no contest plea), for any of the following crimes as provided in ORS 90.303(3): drug-related crime; person crime; sex offense; crime involving fraud, including identity theft and forgery; or any other crime if the conduct for which the applicant was convicted or is charged is of a nature that would adversely affect property of the landlord or a tenant or the health, safety or right of peaceful enjoyment of the premises of residents, the landlord or the landlord’s agent. Agent will not consider a previous arrest that did not result in a Conviction or expunged records.
If applicant, or any proposed occupant, has a Conviction in their past which would disqualify them under these criminal conviction criteria, and desired to submit additional information to Agent along with the application so Agent can engage in an individualized assessment (described below) upon receipt of the results of the public records search and prior to a denial, applicant should do so. Otherwise, applicant may request the review process after denial as set forth below, however, see item (c) under “Criminal Conviction Review Process” below regarding holding the unit.
A single Conviction for any of the following, subject to the results of any review process, shall be grounds for denial of the Rental Application.
- Including, but not limited to felonies involving: murder; manslaughter; arson; rape; kidnapping; child sex crimes; or manufacturing or distribution of a controlled substance.
- Including, but not limited to felonies not listed above involving: drug-related crime; person crime; sex offense; crime involving financial fraud; including identity theft and forgery; or any other crime if the conduct for which the applicant was convicted or is charged is of a nature that would adversely affect property of the landlord or a tenant or the health, safety or right of peaceful enjoyment of the premises of the residents, the landlord or the landlords agent, where the date of disposition has occurred in the last 7 years.
- Including, but not limited to misdemeanors involving: drug related crimes, person crimes, sex offences, domestic violence, violation of a restraining order, stalking, weapons, criminal impersonation, possession of burglary tools, Financial fraud crimes, where the date of disposition has occurred in the last 5 years.
- Including, but not limited to misdemeanors not listed above involving: theft, criminal trespasses, criminal mischief, property crimes or any other crime if a conduct for which applicant was convicted or is charged is of a nature that would adversely affect property of the landlord or a tenant or the health safety or right of peaceful enjoyment of the premises of the residents, the landlord or the landlord’s agent, where the date of disposition has occurred in the last 3 years.
- Including, but not limited to conviction of any crime that requires lifetime registration as a sex offender will result in a denial.
Criminal Conviction Review Process:
Agent will engage in an individualized assessment of the applicant’s, or other proposed occupant’s Convictions if applicant has satisfied all other criteria (the denial was based solely on one or more Convictions) and:
- Applicant has submitted supporting documentation prior to the public records search; or
- Applicant is denied based on failure to satisfy these criminal criteria and has submitted a written request along with supporting documentation. Supporting documentation may include:
- Letter from parole or probation officer;
- Letter from caseworker, therapist, counselor, etc.
- Certificates of treatment/rehab programs;
- Letter from employer, teacher, etc.
- Certification of training completed;
- Proof of employment; and
- Statement of the applicant.
- Consider relevant individualized evidence which may include: the facts or circumstances surrounding the criminal conduct; the age of the convicted person at the time of the conduct; time since the criminal conduct; time since release from incarceration or completion of parole; evidence that the individual has maintained a good tenant history before and/or after the conviction or conduct; and evidence of rehabilitation efforts. Agent may request additional information and may consider whether there have been multiple Convictions as part of the process.
- Notify applicant of the results of Agent’s review within a reasonable time after receipt of all required information.
- Hold the unit for which the application was received for a reasonable time under all the circumstances to complete the review unless prior to receipt of applicant’s written request (if made after denial) the unit was committed to another applicant.
Now you’re ready to apply! Just go to the Properties for Rent tab, find the property you would like to rent, and click on Apply Now! You’ll be directed to a secure site to apply online. Applications are forwarded to the Agent immediately. Please contact Realsource Property Management, 407-298-9777, if you need further assistance.